We have a firm commitment to privacy. You should know that Arbour House Swanage gathers data only from registered users; we do not gather and store information about visitors to the site. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for Arbour House Swanage.
IP Address and Cookies
Some of the content you may access on this site is protected by copyright law. In order to be granted permission to use this copyrighted material, you must submit accurate, current, and true information about yourself and your intended use of the material. When you register and when you place an order for certain items, we ask you to give us the following Personally Identifiable Information:
• contact information (such as name and email address)
• unique identifiers (such as an Arbour House Swanage account number or administration username)
• and financial information (such as an account or credit card number)
We will also maintain records of your transactions with the Arbour House Swanage system, including
• records of product and services you purchased
• records of your use of the Arbour House Swanage web site
We use your personal information in the following ways:
• to process your order or requests
• to process your payment
• to get in touch with you when such contact is necessary and is related to the purposes of the Arbour House Swanage system
• unique identifiers are used to verify your identity and as account numbers in our record system.
• financial information that is collected is used to bill you for product and service purchases
• to monitor the use of our system and look for ways to improve our services
We may disclose your contact information to others as follows:
• Arbour House Swanage will disclose such information when required to do so by law or as requested by government or law enforcement authorities
We recognize that security has become a critical issue for Internet users. Arbour House Swanage takes precautions to protect the integrity of your information and to avoid loss, theft, misuse or alteration. Arbour House Swanage uses industry-standard, commercially available technology, such as firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Encryption, to protect your registration and online transaction information. To check the security of your connection, look at the upper right-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see a closed lock then your information will be encrypted as it is transmitted.
Arbour House Swanage will NOT knowingly:
a) collect online contact information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity.
b) collect personally identifiable offline contact information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
c) distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
d) give anyone under the age of 13 the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent within the children’s educational section of the web site.
e) entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, anyone under the age of 13 to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
This site contains links to other sites. Arbour House Swanage is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
Arbour House Bed and Breakfast
19 Walrond Road
Tel: 01929 761125